Saturday, June 9, 2012

Travel Reading


Toddler Train Man and I flew halfway across the country a few weeks ago to visit my family. I knew I’d be focused on keeping him occupied, but I threw a book into my bag with some hopeful thoughts. He was fantastic, but I decided resting when he did was more important…you just can’t predict those airlines. Nor toddlers, for that matter. I did have the energy to snoop around my fellow travelers, though. There were lots of magazine and newspaper readers; these were the books being read:

  • Ricochet by Sandra Brown
  • The Troubled Man by Henning Mankell
  • Strangers in Death by JD Robb
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  • The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum
  • Due or Die by Jenn McKinlay
  • The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
  • The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
  • Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James
  • The Bible
Quite a diverse list, and some I want to read myself. You just never know where reading lists might come from!

What would I have caught you reading in the airport/on the plane? Which of these books is appealing to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment