Saturday, February 16, 2013

Twitterature


Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy is hosting a “Twitterature link-up,” so I’m giving it a try. I’m not a tweeter and I learned that trying to write a review in 140 characters is trickier than a full length one! And yes, I cheated a little with bonus comments in parentheses. I'm working on concise!

Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich. 3.5 stars
Fiery, fast, fun Jersey girl/bounty hunter finds trouble everywhere aided by former ho Lula and crazy Grandma. Two hunks thrown in for kicks.
(If you’ve read the others in the Stephanie Plum series, you’ll know just what this is about; if you haven’t you should start with One for the Money!)

No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark. 4 stars
Pretty girl with a past has it thrown in her face then faces danger herself. Handsome detective helps her overcome.
(I just can’t give up MHC, but I realize that this summary can be copied for most of her other books, right?)

When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison.  4 stars
Private chef nurtures clients, vows not to marry. But life changes things. Clients are strange, kind, unexpected. Is her psychic client right?
(Fun author I happened upon—I liked her writing style!)

A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick. 4.5 stars
Divorce. Cross-country move. New quilt shop. Cancer. Evelyn Dixon experiences all of this and somehow makes it through with help from new friends.
(This is book 1 in a series that I just found. I’ve already requested book 2!)

Any of these sound good to you? What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. Ha! My grandma loves Mary Higgins Clarks books, and that's the generic summary she's given me many a time :) I still have yet to read one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in doubt sounds interesting. You've done well with your twitter style here. I'm having so much trouble trying to get into Tweets! I just don't think I'm really cut out for twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! "A Single Thread" sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete